Manufactured to BS EN 1562:1997 and Galvanised to BS EN 1461:1999
The most versatile, diverse and simple tube and clamp system on the market with an almost endless number of uses.
Key clamps are blackheart malleable iron castings manufactured to the requirements of BS EN 1562:1997 and are hot-dipped galvanised to BS EN 1461:1999 and are supplied with pre-fitted grub screws.
Suited to both interior and exterior applications, common uses include: Handrail Constructions, Guardrails, Balustrades, Railings, Safety Barriers and Clothing Display Rails.
- Versatile System: Ever growing range of fittings to suit a vast number of tubular constructions.
- Simple to Construct: No special skills required to install. No pre-fabrication, welding or threading is required – the only tool necessary is an allen key.
- Durable: High Corrosion Resistance, Hot Dipped Galvanised Cast Iron to BS EN ISO 1461:1999.
Available in 5 different sizes 26.9mm, 33.7mm, 42.4mm, 48.3mm (Scaffolding size) or 60.3mm
Due to the incredible versatility of the system, Key clamps also have a wide number of residential / domestic uses. For example some customers require handrails for exterior locations such as the garden. This type of application is particularly relevant to the elderly or those who suffer with ailments such as arthritis.
Whether you need:
- A Handrail for outdoor Steps
- Custom built heavy duty racking for shed or garage – height and width specified to suit your needs.
- Custom made furniture such as a table or a bed
- A heavy duty clothes rail etc.
We are confident that we can supply a cost effective solution for your requirements. Please do not hesitate in contacting us with any questions that you may have.
- Versatile / Flexible: Ever-growing range of fittings, in a number of sizes, to suit a vast number of tubular constructions.
- Cost Effective: Key Clamps are a cost effective means of tubular constructions, as opposed to a bespoke construction.
- Ease of installation: No special skills required to install. No pre-fabrication, welding or threading is required – the only tool necessary is an allen key.
- Durable: High corrosion resistance, Hot Dipped Galvanised Cast Iron to BS EN ISO 1461:1999
The design of the Key Clamp system makes constructions a straightforward task with no requirement for specialist tooling.
Key Clamps are used in conjunction with galvanised steel tubing. The Key Clamps are secured to the tube by means of hexagon socket set screws, which are tightened using an allen key or ratchet spanner to establish a firm lock between the clamp and the tube. The sharpened edges of the socket set screws effectively ‘bite’ into the surface of the tube creating a solid connection.
Loadings / Reguations:
When tightened to 4.1kg (29 ft/lb) a slip load of 900kg can be achieved on each screw.
If the load is desired to be increased, additional Key Clamps (such as the A058 Collar) can be installed directly under the initial load bearing clamp to achieve an enhanced load capacity. The 3/8" Square Drive Ratchet spanner (reference A074) should be used to tighten the screws to the required torque.
There are many standards and regulations which are applicable to many common uses of Key Clamps. Please contact us with any questions that you may have.
Key Clamps are supplied in a galvanised finish. We also offer a powder coating service through which the Key Clamps and / or tube can be supplied in a RAL colour of your choice. When applied to a galvanised finish, powder coating provides a long lasting, low-maintenance and colourful finish ideal for a multitude of applications (please contact us for more information regarding this service).
If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of any fittings for your project please feel free to contact us. You should always consult with a qualified engineer should you have any doubts as to the suitability of any construction / application.
You can choose to sort your search by size:
Take me to 26.9mm Key Clamps
Take me to 33.7mm Key Clamps
Take me to 42.4mm Key Clamps
Take me to 48.3mm Key Clamps
Take me to 60.3mm Key Clamps